How to write story
|How to write story|
What is Story Writing ?
Story writing is a narration of a chain of events that is told or written in prose or verse. It is a work of fiction. A story is an account of real or fictitious events presented through writing. It is less elaborate and shorter than novel. It is, undoubtedly, a fine art that requires regular practice, a mastery over words, a careful planning, a fertile imagination and knowledge of delicate technique. To develop these skills, the students should read Aesop’s Fables, Lal Behari De’s
Different types of stories:
- Parable : Some stories with moral or spiritual lesson (especially the Biblical stories by Jesus)
- Fable : Some popular stories that deal with animals as the characters and have moral lessons.
- Incident taken from the life of eminent personalities : Various well-known incidents taken from the life of famous persons.
- Stories from daily experience : Incidents from our life narrated as story.
Purpose of Story Writing : The main purpose of story writing is to teach the students to create interesting narrative using their imagination from the given hints.
Tips to write good stories :
- Add a suitable title of the story.
- Every story must have a beginning, a middle and an end.
- A story can be published by adding something special to capture the attention of the readers.
- There are no hard an d fast rules for creating a story.
- Stick to the core message of the story.
- Do not include too many distractions as the story will be
- underdeveloped and overloaded.
- The theme is most important I writing a story.
- The plot of the story is about a struggle or conflict that the central character faces throughout his life.
- The conflict must be exciting.
- The excitement must reach the climax that is the highest point, then the story winds up quickly.
- A novel has many conflicts while a short story has only a conflict.
- Write direct quotes as far as possible.
Keep in memory :
- Use past tense always.
- Elaborate each point and add extra points where necessary.
- Use direct speech to make the story more lively and interesting.
- Sequences of events should be made clear.
- Suspense should be maintained till the climax.
- Add an interesting title and a suitable moral for each story. (According to the guideline of some boards title is not required.)